November 3, 2018.
(1) 70 is not the new 50. No denying the pileup of 7 decades on body, mind, and spirit.
(2) But I'm a way better person than I was at 50. Plus, I'm full of energy and blessed with good health.
(3) But I hate the idea of living life day to day without a focus. So, I'm strategizing for THE NEXT 30 YEARS. Yep, no reason why I can't live to a hundred.
(4) Oh, I know the universe will dish out its crap over the next 30, but I'm leaning in.
(5) I'm scribbling out kind of a vision statement for the next 30. A MANIFESTO for continuing to work my gift -- that is, to make the most of my ancestor-bestowed aptitudes and my own hard-won skills.
(6) Most important is to stay curious and keep learning.
(7) If you are still reading this, I love you and hope you are with me on the adventure ahead.
HEADLONG: Over the Edge in Pakistan and China (2018) Traveler's tale of a 1992 adventure. A poorly planned roadtrip takes long-time lovers Susan and Jim to forbidden places and lost times. Kindle only.
THE SUDDEN SILENCE: A Tale of Suspense and Found Treasure (2015) Thailand: lovers of ancient treasure tangle with international black markets. Delia Rivera pulls Martin Moon back into the game and their quest turns deadly. In paperback and Kindle editions.
TRIBE OF THE BREAKAWAY BEADS: Book of Exits and Fresh Starts (2011) Time after time, Mary asks herself: Do I go or do I stay? She finds her power in her ancestors: Smart women turn discontent into action. An illustrated memoir in paperback and Kindle editions.
PASSION AND PERIL ON THE SILK ROAD: A Thriller in Pakistan and China (2008) The twin forces of revenge and redemption drive Nellie MacKenzie and Taylor Jackson on a crazed adventure into the heart of Central Asia. They grapple with issues of ethics, trust, rage, and bitter heartbreak -- as well as the intrigue of the international antiquities trade. In paperback and Kindle editions.
All pages in this website by Susan Barrett Price are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 United States License. [The snowstorm image at the top of this page came from Wikipedia, under a Creative Commons license.]